A business incubator for veteran-owned
and military spouse-owned startups
COMMIT TO GROWTH
Veterans in Residence is a business incubator that provides veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs and business owners with coworking space, local community, a national business network, and targeted support to grow their business.
Veterans in Residence is a partnership of WeWork and Bunker Labs.
of veteran-owned businesses reported accelerated business growth.
of veteran-owned businesses increased their run-rate revenue.
of veteran-owned businesses raised funding between months one and six.
The huddles gave us the awareness and the encouragement to seize opportunities that we might otherwise never consider. Referrals led to our first international client in Canada, a new client in Washington, DC, and a collaboration with The Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches.
Apply now to start your entrepreneurship journey.
Why Veterans in Residence?
There are many business incubators in the United States. There are few business incubators created by and for the veteran and military spouse entrepreneur community.
When you join Veterans in Residence, you have more than an entrepreneurial endeavor in common—you have a common ethos, shaped by a common experience. Hit the ground running with a community that never gives up, no matter the challenge.
Onboarding and orientation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is eligible to participate in Veterans in Residence?
Are nonprofit startup organizations eligible to apply?
What kind of commitment does the program require?
- Attend onboarding and orientation meetings
- Attend weekly huddles with their cohort
- Attend monthly masterclasses in business topics
There is no Veterans in Residence cohort near me. Can I still apply?
How big is each cohort?
What is the difference between a virtual cohort and city-based cohorts that meet virtually?
The virtual cohort provides program access to entrepreneurs who do not have a local option available and always meets virtually.
Are there any fees?
Do Bunker Labs or WeWork make investments in cohort businesses?
How are participants selected?
Can teams apply, or is Veterans in Residence open only to individuals?
Do all people on a team need to be military veterans or family members?
I was rejected from Veterans in Residence in the past. Can I apply again?
What are other criteria of competitive candidates?
- Revenue that is greater than zero but below $100,000 per year
- A clear vision for the product or service offered
- An understanding of specific challenges the business faces
Can I be employed at my day job and still participate in Veterans in Residence?
Can I access the shared coworking space during the pandemic?
What happens after the six months are done?
- Apply to become a Veterans in Residence alumni captain. Alumni captains provide support for subsequent cohorts, drawing on their own experience as an entrepreneur and program participant.
- Apply to become a local Ambassador for Bunker Labs
- Apply to join the CEOcircle program for more established founders and executives.
- There are also courses and workshop series for additional learning opportunities, local and national events, and a robust digital community.
What's the difference between Veterans in Residence and TechStars or Y Combinator?
There are some similarities between Bunker Labs and TechStars and Y Combinator, such as providing coworking space, a strong business network, and targeted resources, programming, and support to facilitate growth.
Do I have to be a start-up, or can I be a small business?
Do I have to be earning revenue?
This program is made possible in part by USAA, Macy’s, & WeWork.